Skip to main content

WICKED BOND by Sawyer Bennett

Finally, we come to Bridger's story and I must admit, it was not what I was expecting. 

Bridger Payne is a walking enigma that no one can quite figure out.  Even his best friend don't know the full story of where Bridger came from.

In the Silo, Many want him but not can have him, well not the real him anyway.

That's because Bridger lives with so much pain, a pain he has no reason to get rid of since the pain is what makes him survive.

If you've read the books from the series you would know Bridger. He helped each and every one of my lovable guys to get their head out their arse and go after their women.

You would think that a man that gives such good advice would also take his own preaching, but no such luck. Bridger more believes in happily ever after for everyone other than him.

In his mind, he's too f*cked up to be helped and he's learned to accept that, but then Maggie was unexpectedly dumped in his care and Bridger found emotion he's never felt before burst in his chest.

I would be lying if I did not say that I hoped Bridger's love interest would have been a guy, or even a twin brother and sister. I mean why not, he can handle it.  But after reading about how he was robbed of his childhood, I understood why Bridger needed Maggie in his life.

Maggie, wow, Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie.  Maggie got herself in some deep shit and I mean some really deep shit.  It's your typical girl rebelling against her strict parents and falls into the wrong crowd kind of story.

Even with all that, I liked Maggie. She realised that she made a huge mistake (a little too late) and she tried to fix said mistake.  But since she was in so deep, it was not easy for her to get away. It's also kickass how much torture she went through and still had the will to resist.  Her unlikely saviour brought her to Bridger where her life was changed for the better.

This was not the ending to the series that I envisioned but it was still nice. Bridger was running scared and Maggie can finally stand on her own two feet.  If I talk about this book anymore I might give more of the book away and you have to read this book before +Sawyer Bennett comes out with the next segment of the series.

I hear that this new series is going to Vegas baby!  When you read this book, write in the comment section what you think.



You can purchase this book on: 


   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT STARTED WITH A KISS by Marina Adair

Well well well! What do we have here with this story? Is it a love story, is it a trade or is it MURDER! I'm kidding, I'm kidding, there's no murder here. Avery Adams wants adventure. She wants to push herself outside the norm and experience life instead of just existing. This came about when she survived a kidney transplant that saved her life, but it's also a ticking time bomb that can explode at any time. With her resolve to experience life, Avery did the most logical thing and got a job as a guide in the local adventure lodge in her rustic Sierra Nevada Town. She was excited for her new job until reality slapped her in the face.  Instead of getting the training she needed in order to become a guide, she's stuck in the office, managing the business as best she can. What makes this situation worse is that the business is failing and the owner is so set in his ways that he refuses to change anything to fix it.  Frustrated with the way things were, hel...

MY CURVY VALENTINE by Sugar Jamison

This book is tied with Gentlemen Prefers Curves for the best book in this series.  Maggie is such a beautiful person, but she is also clueless. I could tell that she was has been married to the same guy for years before the both of them even knew it. Deciding to quit her high paying job as a bio-medical engineer and to follow her fashion dreams by working in a clothing store that caters to the full figured woman like herself. You might think that Maggie Calhoun must be out of her mind, especially since this all came about with her parents divorce. And you would be right, Maggie is out of her mind.  Out of her mind in bliss.  This is the first time in her life that she is doing something for herself, and she plans to enjoy it.  That is until her brother's best friend, Alex, moved his bakery beneath her apartment. Every morning she is awakened by sexual dreams that include whatever is being made in the bakery each morning.  Her dreams o...

THE HIGHLAND HENCHMAN by Amy Jarecki

After reading "The Angel and the Warrior" I really needed a book to pick me up and I am so glad that this book did just the trick.  The only thing that irked me was that the heroine in this book upset me greatly. Needing royal assistance, Baron Ross issued a tournament to enchant the Highlanders to leave their land and come to the Lowlands to take part.  What he really wanted was for the Highlanders to fight a dangerous battle that would get most of them killed. After the tournament the Highland Lairds choose instead to entrust their best warriors to stay and fight. This was not exactly what Baron Ross wanted but he knew that he could not change their mind so he accepted. Bran MacLeod was one of the warriors that was left behind, and even though he did not like it, he knew that he can never go against his Laird.  It did not help matters that their was a dangerous instant attraction between him and the baron's last daughter.  Bran knows that getting involved ...