Skip to main content

SUDDENLY IN LOVE by Julia London

This story was a miracle in the making.  I have no idea how Julia London made two of the most opposite people ever, come together so smoothly and perfectly.

Mia Lassiter had a blow to not only her art but also to her self-esteem. I have no idea how she was able to move after that rejection, but she did, all the way back home to her parents.

Feeling humiliated and defeated, Mia returns home to help her aunt with her interior design business and came face to face with a Rock Star, the only thing is, she may be the only one in the world who have not recognised who he was.

Everett Alden, known to the world as Brennan is a world famous rock star that walked away from it all in order to grieve and maybe get his music mojo back.

The last thing he expected was for his peace and quiet vacation to be interrupted by his mother remodelling the house.

Tired from the turmoil of his life as well as his mother, Everett strives to drown himself in alcohol to numb his pain.  All it took for him to make an attempt to get of out of his funk was to have a sassy lady, with a very weird sense of style to call him out on his bullshit.

Find out what happens to these two knuckleheads as they find their lives intertwined on the  oddest of ways in the first book of the Lave Haven Series, Suddenly in Love.

I adore reading +Julia London books but this book was stuck in between being bad and good.  Firstly the things I do like.  I like that Mia is totally different from most people.  She walks to the beat of her own drum and does not care what others think.

An excellent example of this are the clothes she chooses to wear, willingly.  Everyone around her looks at her funny and her family talks to her about it all the time, but Mia did not care.  What I also liked about this book was the instant dislike between Mia and Everett. I cannot tell you how tired I am of all the books where the main characters have an instant attraction to each other, but try to hide it for various reasons only to give in in the end.  I'm sick of it, and this book was a refreshing change.

Now the things I don't like about the book is the cliche of the story.  Big Rock Star meets small town girl.  They fall in love, have a falling out and then someone does a grand gesture that makes it all right again.  Come to think of it, that's how most love stories are, but it always has that little something that set these stories apart and this book was missing that thing.

I could have predicted what was going to happen before it even happened. But there was one exception to this and that was the reason why Everett went back for Mia.  I'm still scratching my head over what happened since it was not made clear to me and I'm still reeling on why Everett went back.

The writing was good and nothing seemed to have been forced in or left out in the story. I progressed at a steady and believable pace.  All in all the book was okay with nothing really new about it but I had a good enough time reading it and I'm actually curious on what's going to happen in the book in the series.






Suddenly in Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT STARTED WITH A KISS by Marina Adair

Well well well! What do we have here with this story? Is it a love story, is it a trade or is it MURDER! I'm kidding, I'm kidding, there's no murder here. Avery Adams wants adventure. She wants to push herself outside the norm and experience life instead of just existing. This came about when she survived a kidney transplant that saved her life, but it's also a ticking time bomb that can explode at any time. With her resolve to experience life, Avery did the most logical thing and got a job as a guide in the local adventure lodge in her rustic Sierra Nevada Town. She was excited for her new job until reality slapped her in the face.  Instead of getting the training she needed in order to become a guide, she's stuck in the office, managing the business as best she can. What makes this situation worse is that the business is failing and the owner is so set in his ways that he refuses to change anything to fix it.  Frustrated with the way things were, hel...

MY CURVY VALENTINE by Sugar Jamison

This book is tied with Gentlemen Prefers Curves for the best book in this series.  Maggie is such a beautiful person, but she is also clueless. I could tell that she was has been married to the same guy for years before the both of them even knew it. Deciding to quit her high paying job as a bio-medical engineer and to follow her fashion dreams by working in a clothing store that caters to the full figured woman like herself. You might think that Maggie Calhoun must be out of her mind, especially since this all came about with her parents divorce. And you would be right, Maggie is out of her mind.  Out of her mind in bliss.  This is the first time in her life that she is doing something for herself, and she plans to enjoy it.  That is until her brother's best friend, Alex, moved his bakery beneath her apartment. Every morning she is awakened by sexual dreams that include whatever is being made in the bakery each morning.  Her dreams o...

THE HIGHLAND HENCHMAN by Amy Jarecki

After reading "The Angel and the Warrior" I really needed a book to pick me up and I am so glad that this book did just the trick.  The only thing that irked me was that the heroine in this book upset me greatly. Needing royal assistance, Baron Ross issued a tournament to enchant the Highlanders to leave their land and come to the Lowlands to take part.  What he really wanted was for the Highlanders to fight a dangerous battle that would get most of them killed. After the tournament the Highland Lairds choose instead to entrust their best warriors to stay and fight. This was not exactly what Baron Ross wanted but he knew that he could not change their mind so he accepted. Bran MacLeod was one of the warriors that was left behind, and even though he did not like it, he knew that he can never go against his Laird.  It did not help matters that their was a dangerous instant attraction between him and the baron's last daughter.  Bran knows that getting involved ...