Skip to main content

AN APRIL BRIDE by Lenora Worth

Dun, dun, da dun, dun, dun, da, dun.  I hear wedding bells again and I can't get enough of it.  I've never been to a wedding, I know sad right, but I can experience them in novels like this one.

It is very difficult, planning a wedding.  Everything must be perfect.  Perfect dress, perfect location, perfect flowers, perfect color arrangements, perfect everything.  But the most important thing to remember is the perfect groom. (if you're a woman that is)

This seemed to be the case for Stella Carson.  Stella's wedding is in four weeks and she has everything except the groom.  Wanting to fight for his country, her fiance, Marshall Henderson went off to war and got in an accident where he was the only survivor. They were not able to see each other for a year.

Now Marshall is coming back home and the happy reunion that Stella imagined did not come through. Even though the man who came back looks and sounds like Marshall, her Marshall did not come home to her.

After the incident, Marshall was confined to a hospital for a year for recovery.  That is where the doctors told him that he has post-traumatic stress syndrome. According to this book, this means that his memories are locked up some-where in his subconscious and it would take some time to get it all back.

I really felt for Stella when the love of her life finally comes back home, but did not seem to remember her!  I would have been heart broken, but Stella is a fighter and is determined to help Marshall regain his memories.  Even if that means that she has to put off the wedding.

Marshall does not want to put off the wedding,  he wants to have everything go along as planned, but can Stella do it. Marry Marshall knowing that he is not the same?  Find out in the next installment of A Year Of Wedding Novella, An April Bride.

+Lenora Worth wrote an amazing book that had me crying. I mean finding and losing the love of your life on the same day.  He's the same man but all the memories that make them special together are locked up inside his head.  Any woman would have questioned herself and called off the wedding right away, but not Stella.  I admired her strength and determination to get her Marshall back.

To me Marshall was selfish.  I know he had a head injury and that everything was unclear and frightening, but expecting Stella to still go through with the wedding to a stranger is hard.  I admired Stella her strength in doing what she did, even though it must have been extremely difficult. It also turned out to be the best decision she ever made.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to review A May Bride.  I requested the book and was approved, but the transit from the site and onto my tablet got mixed up and I never got it.  Now the book is unavailable.  Some day I would get it back but not now.  I would be able to review A June Bride though, so look forward for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT STARTED WITH A KISS by Marina Adair

Well well well! What do we have here with this story? Is it a love story, is it a trade or is it MURDER! I'm kidding, I'm kidding, there's no murder here. Avery Adams wants adventure. She wants to push herself outside the norm and experience life instead of just existing. This came about when she survived a kidney transplant that saved her life, but it's also a ticking time bomb that can explode at any time. With her resolve to experience life, Avery did the most logical thing and got a job as a guide in the local adventure lodge in her rustic Sierra Nevada Town. She was excited for her new job until reality slapped her in the face.  Instead of getting the training she needed in order to become a guide, she's stuck in the office, managing the business as best she can. What makes this situation worse is that the business is failing and the owner is so set in his ways that he refuses to change anything to fix it.  Frustrated with the way things were, hel...

MY CURVY VALENTINE by Sugar Jamison

This book is tied with Gentlemen Prefers Curves for the best book in this series.  Maggie is such a beautiful person, but she is also clueless. I could tell that she was has been married to the same guy for years before the both of them even knew it. Deciding to quit her high paying job as a bio-medical engineer and to follow her fashion dreams by working in a clothing store that caters to the full figured woman like herself. You might think that Maggie Calhoun must be out of her mind, especially since this all came about with her parents divorce. And you would be right, Maggie is out of her mind.  Out of her mind in bliss.  This is the first time in her life that she is doing something for herself, and she plans to enjoy it.  That is until her brother's best friend, Alex, moved his bakery beneath her apartment. Every morning she is awakened by sexual dreams that include whatever is being made in the bakery each morning.  Her dreams o...

THE HIGHLAND HENCHMAN by Amy Jarecki

After reading "The Angel and the Warrior" I really needed a book to pick me up and I am so glad that this book did just the trick.  The only thing that irked me was that the heroine in this book upset me greatly. Needing royal assistance, Baron Ross issued a tournament to enchant the Highlanders to leave their land and come to the Lowlands to take part.  What he really wanted was for the Highlanders to fight a dangerous battle that would get most of them killed. After the tournament the Highland Lairds choose instead to entrust their best warriors to stay and fight. This was not exactly what Baron Ross wanted but he knew that he could not change their mind so he accepted. Bran MacLeod was one of the warriors that was left behind, and even though he did not like it, he knew that he can never go against his Laird.  It did not help matters that their was a dangerous instant attraction between him and the baron's last daughter.  Bran knows that getting involved ...