Skip to main content

SWEET TALK by Julie Garwood

Who trumps whom, F.B.I or I.R.S?  If I have to go up against either of these two, I'd choose the F.B.I all the time.  Sweet talk was a fun, action packed book for the whole family, (18+ of course.)

Olivia Mackenzie did not expect that when she went for an interview, that her dress would be torn by her potential new boss, that his meat head of a body guard would pull a gun on her and that she got into the middle of an F.B.I investigation.  I bet she wished she never left home.

To make matters worse one of the F.B.I agents comes screaming at her for ruining his investigation and got all up in her face, but Olivia enraged by his attack pulled put her trump card simply by saying that she is I.R.S.  You know you don't want to mess with the I.R.S.

On this unfortunate meeting with the F.B.I, Olivia meets Special Agent Grayson Kincaid who pushed all of her buttons, both good and bad, and left her wanting things that she is better off not wanting.

Grayson Kincaid is a bad-ass F.B.I Agent who loves to get the job done and he does not need a gorgeous woman to distract him from his job, even if she is the sexiest woman he has ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Things got weird when Olivia is sh......is in an accident.  Grayson , who just can't seem to stay away rushes to her rescue where she tells him that she is trying to uncover a Ponzi scheme that has been going on for years.  The plot thickens when it's her own father Olivia is going after.

Since Grayson is in charge of this case, he cannot become emotionally involved with the anyone involved to the case, but in true romance story fashion, it happened anyway and now Olivia and Grayson must fight the power of attraction between each other to catch a thief.

+Julie Garwood is an amazing author and I love her books.  I devoured this book in a few hours and I was hungry for more.  Olivia was fun and charming and I loved what she vowed to do.  It seemed like she did nothing to bring down her father, but in the big picture, it was because of her that everything went down the way it did.

Grayson was a do what I say, no questions ask arse.  He was exactly what Olivia needed in her life and the first man from any romance novel I have ever read to actually stay away from the girl for a prolong period of time.

The story was fun and interesting and with a family like Olivia's who needs enemy's and I'm not just talking about her father.  You'll understand what I mean WHEN you read the book.  Happy reading, I know I did.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT STARTED WITH A KISS by Marina Adair

Well well well! What do we have here with this story? Is it a love story, is it a trade or is it MURDER! I'm kidding, I'm kidding, there's no murder here. Avery Adams wants adventure. She wants to push herself outside the norm and experience life instead of just existing. This came about when she survived a kidney transplant that saved her life, but it's also a ticking time bomb that can explode at any time. With her resolve to experience life, Avery did the most logical thing and got a job as a guide in the local adventure lodge in her rustic Sierra Nevada Town. She was excited for her new job until reality slapped her in the face.  Instead of getting the training she needed in order to become a guide, she's stuck in the office, managing the business as best she can. What makes this situation worse is that the business is failing and the owner is so set in his ways that he refuses to change anything to fix it.  Frustrated with the way things were, hel...

MY CURVY VALENTINE by Sugar Jamison

This book is tied with Gentlemen Prefers Curves for the best book in this series.  Maggie is such a beautiful person, but she is also clueless. I could tell that she was has been married to the same guy for years before the both of them even knew it. Deciding to quit her high paying job as a bio-medical engineer and to follow her fashion dreams by working in a clothing store that caters to the full figured woman like herself. You might think that Maggie Calhoun must be out of her mind, especially since this all came about with her parents divorce. And you would be right, Maggie is out of her mind.  Out of her mind in bliss.  This is the first time in her life that she is doing something for herself, and she plans to enjoy it.  That is until her brother's best friend, Alex, moved his bakery beneath her apartment. Every morning she is awakened by sexual dreams that include whatever is being made in the bakery each morning.  Her dreams o...

THE HIGHLAND HENCHMAN by Amy Jarecki

After reading "The Angel and the Warrior" I really needed a book to pick me up and I am so glad that this book did just the trick.  The only thing that irked me was that the heroine in this book upset me greatly. Needing royal assistance, Baron Ross issued a tournament to enchant the Highlanders to leave their land and come to the Lowlands to take part.  What he really wanted was for the Highlanders to fight a dangerous battle that would get most of them killed. After the tournament the Highland Lairds choose instead to entrust their best warriors to stay and fight. This was not exactly what Baron Ross wanted but he knew that he could not change their mind so he accepted. Bran MacLeod was one of the warriors that was left behind, and even though he did not like it, he knew that he can never go against his Laird.  It did not help matters that their was a dangerous instant attraction between him and the baron's last daughter.  Bran knows that getting involved ...