Skip to main content

ENTICING MISS EUGENIE VILLARET by Ella Quinn

I was devastated by this book.  It had so much potential and had me all excited and then.........and then...........(starts crying), I just can't say it yet, go on and read my review.

William, Viscount Wivenly, is determined to remain a bachelor for the rest of his life.  His elusiveness is what makes him even more irresistible to woman and William finds himself caught in many a scheme to trap him into marriage from the young ladies of the ton as well as their mother's.

Finding a way to get escape from it all in the form of a task bestowed on him by his father, William sets off to the West Indies to solve the problem that seems to be plaguing a member of the family.  Once that task is down, William intends to fully sample the local wares, and I don't mean the food.

Determined to help her family despite what her mother says, Miss Eugenie Villaret will stop at nothing to get to the bottom of her family's financial problems.  Enlisting the help of her childhood friend, Eugenie breaks into her dead step-father's company to get some answers, but before she can learn anything, she was caught by none other than William and his companion.

The two of them instantly hit it off and it was love at first sight.  Oh, I'm not talking about William and Eugenie, I'm talking about her friend and his companion.  William and Eugenie rubbed each other the wrong way, seeing as how William wants to get under her skirts and Eugenie wants to get as far away as possible from him before he figures out who she is.

As fate would have it, an incident, that is all William's fault, had forced them to be married and before you start thinking, but that's his family, don't.  Eugenie was her mother's child from a previous marriage, so no harm done.

Things don't go as plan since Eugenie refuses to marry William and William not accustom 
to women telling him no, has to do something he never had to do before, seduce a woman.

+Ella Quinn  had such a good idea, but it fell flat.   In the beginning we found Eugenie saving an infant slave from a bad fate and in the rest of the book, nothing.  Opened the book with an amazing beginning and fell through in the rest of the book, that's false advertising.

Another issue I had was with the switching from one person's point of view to the next. In the copy I received, their was no clear indicators stating that I was moving from one person to the next.  One minute I'm reading William's story and then BAM, I reading another part of the story that is happening in a different part of the island.  I mean come on, some separates would have been nice.

This book was just a big disappointment, I did not connect with the characters and all the love words that were shared at each interval of the book at me rolling on eyes on more than one occasion.  "Oh, my love" and "Yes my darling" was too much.

All conflicts were easily resolved and everybody had a happy ever after.  Great idea, poor execution.  If you doubt my words, read the book and see for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT STARTED WITH A KISS by Marina Adair

Well well well! What do we have here with this story? Is it a love story, is it a trade or is it MURDER! I'm kidding, I'm kidding, there's no murder here. Avery Adams wants adventure. She wants to push herself outside the norm and experience life instead of just existing. This came about when she survived a kidney transplant that saved her life, but it's also a ticking time bomb that can explode at any time. With her resolve to experience life, Avery did the most logical thing and got a job as a guide in the local adventure lodge in her rustic Sierra Nevada Town. She was excited for her new job until reality slapped her in the face.  Instead of getting the training she needed in order to become a guide, she's stuck in the office, managing the business as best she can. What makes this situation worse is that the business is failing and the owner is so set in his ways that he refuses to change anything to fix it.  Frustrated with the way things were, hel...

MY CURVY VALENTINE by Sugar Jamison

This book is tied with Gentlemen Prefers Curves for the best book in this series.  Maggie is such a beautiful person, but she is also clueless. I could tell that she was has been married to the same guy for years before the both of them even knew it. Deciding to quit her high paying job as a bio-medical engineer and to follow her fashion dreams by working in a clothing store that caters to the full figured woman like herself. You might think that Maggie Calhoun must be out of her mind, especially since this all came about with her parents divorce. And you would be right, Maggie is out of her mind.  Out of her mind in bliss.  This is the first time in her life that she is doing something for herself, and she plans to enjoy it.  That is until her brother's best friend, Alex, moved his bakery beneath her apartment. Every morning she is awakened by sexual dreams that include whatever is being made in the bakery each morning.  Her dreams o...

THE HIGHLAND HENCHMAN by Amy Jarecki

After reading "The Angel and the Warrior" I really needed a book to pick me up and I am so glad that this book did just the trick.  The only thing that irked me was that the heroine in this book upset me greatly. Needing royal assistance, Baron Ross issued a tournament to enchant the Highlanders to leave their land and come to the Lowlands to take part.  What he really wanted was for the Highlanders to fight a dangerous battle that would get most of them killed. After the tournament the Highland Lairds choose instead to entrust their best warriors to stay and fight. This was not exactly what Baron Ross wanted but he knew that he could not change their mind so he accepted. Bran MacLeod was one of the warriors that was left behind, and even though he did not like it, he knew that he can never go against his Laird.  It did not help matters that their was a dangerous instant attraction between him and the baron's last daughter.  Bran knows that getting involved ...