Skip to main content

COMPLETE by Lindy Zart

Complete is the second and last book of Lindy Zart book "Incomplete" starring Greyson Lee and his best friend Lilly.  Except for this time we are reading from Lilly's point of view.

When we last saw these two love birds, Lilly made the ultimate sacrifice so that Greyson can achieve his dream and she told him "I'll wait forever for you Greyson" and I believed her.

I was so excited when I started to read Complete, thinking that it would have less angst than in the first book, but boy was I mistaken.

Lilly have given up, all the spunk and fearlessness she once possess in the first book completely disappeared in this one and she has also lost my respect.

I has been two years since Lilly split with Greyson and still she would not pick up the phone and call him, thinking to herself that he was over her, since he was dating multiply women, totally disregarding that he has a tattoo of a Lilly over his heart and her name tattooed on his knuckles.

Lilly just seemed to shut and and she has no one to blame but herself,  anyhow, Greyson comes back to town after doing what Lilly told him to do and does she go visit him, no, no she does not.  She dares wish that he never came back which is pretty selfish of her considering his family lives right across the street from her parents.

Lilly goes out of her way to avoid him and he tries everything to get back what they once had, but something broke in Lilly and she just gave up, she just gave up and I did not like Lilly at at in the book, Greyson was to good for her the coward and she knew that too.

They finally get back together and every time something does not go right, she wants to break it off and go run and hide and each time she thought this, I wanted to jump in that book and punch her in the face.  (Yes I am extremely violent, but only in my head)

Lilly once told Greyson that she would wait forever for him, but it seem that was not the case she gave up on him the day she dumped him and never looked back.  Would all the pain of their separation as well as the uncertainty of the future keep them from finally putting their souls to rest and be at peace or would someone's negative attitude break them apart forever, and I am not talking about Greyson.

Lindy Zart came back again with even more angst than the first book and I it works, it really works.  I felt what Lilly was feeling and I did not care to hear her thoughts because they were weak stupid thoughts and I felt for Greyson, even though I was not aware of what he was thinking, I new what he was feeling and my heart went out to him over and over again, especially at the end with Megan.

This was a trilling conclusion to this two part series of "Incomplete" and "Complete" and I have to say that this type of book was not my usual style of books that I read and I do not regret reading these books.  it opened my eyes to a new type of book that was different from my norm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT STARTED WITH A KISS by Marina Adair

Well well well! What do we have here with this story? Is it a love story, is it a trade or is it MURDER! I'm kidding, I'm kidding, there's no murder here. Avery Adams wants adventure. She wants to push herself outside the norm and experience life instead of just existing. This came about when she survived a kidney transplant that saved her life, but it's also a ticking time bomb that can explode at any time. With her resolve to experience life, Avery did the most logical thing and got a job as a guide in the local adventure lodge in her rustic Sierra Nevada Town. She was excited for her new job until reality slapped her in the face.  Instead of getting the training she needed in order to become a guide, she's stuck in the office, managing the business as best she can. What makes this situation worse is that the business is failing and the owner is so set in his ways that he refuses to change anything to fix it.  Frustrated with the way things were, hel...

MY CURVY VALENTINE by Sugar Jamison

This book is tied with Gentlemen Prefers Curves for the best book in this series.  Maggie is such a beautiful person, but she is also clueless. I could tell that she was has been married to the same guy for years before the both of them even knew it. Deciding to quit her high paying job as a bio-medical engineer and to follow her fashion dreams by working in a clothing store that caters to the full figured woman like herself. You might think that Maggie Calhoun must be out of her mind, especially since this all came about with her parents divorce. And you would be right, Maggie is out of her mind.  Out of her mind in bliss.  This is the first time in her life that she is doing something for herself, and she plans to enjoy it.  That is until her brother's best friend, Alex, moved his bakery beneath her apartment. Every morning she is awakened by sexual dreams that include whatever is being made in the bakery each morning.  Her dreams o...

THE HIGHLAND HENCHMAN by Amy Jarecki

After reading "The Angel and the Warrior" I really needed a book to pick me up and I am so glad that this book did just the trick.  The only thing that irked me was that the heroine in this book upset me greatly. Needing royal assistance, Baron Ross issued a tournament to enchant the Highlanders to leave their land and come to the Lowlands to take part.  What he really wanted was for the Highlanders to fight a dangerous battle that would get most of them killed. After the tournament the Highland Lairds choose instead to entrust their best warriors to stay and fight. This was not exactly what Baron Ross wanted but he knew that he could not change their mind so he accepted. Bran MacLeod was one of the warriors that was left behind, and even though he did not like it, he knew that he can never go against his Laird.  It did not help matters that their was a dangerous instant attraction between him and the baron's last daughter.  Bran knows that getting involved ...