Skip to main content

CASTLES by Julie Garwood

Looking through my book collection, I found this way in the back and I realized that this was one of my first books that I received from my mother.  I immediately began to read it again yesterday and today I am finished, yes the book was just that good.

Imagine being a princess, I know, many women when they were girls imagined that they were, but Alesandra is no fairy tale princess, she is a real princess from the home country of her father but the author did not happen to name the name of the country that she was from, or maybe I just missed it.

Alesandra, having been orphaned at a young age and having to live in a convent, has thought her how to be humble and to not take anything for granted.  However her life was put in an uproar when she was ordered to return to her fathers homeland when a turmoil began in the land.

Wanting to escape her deary future she must quickly marry, as woman have too apparently, and she only has three weeks to do so.  So leaving the convent and going to stay with her guardian, the Marquess of Cainewood,  to find out the suitable candidates that could be her husband.

Upon arriving in London, her guardian and his family have come down with an illness, as well as his eldest son and his family, and since there was not much time to lose, she was forced to stay with her guardians second son Colin.

Of course Colin is a extremely smart man but his stubbornness over shines that and since Alesandra is exactly the same way, the two of them were butting heads since day one.  Alesandra, unfortunately has the "disadvantage" of being a woman and Colin got his way way too much for my liking.

With a list with all the eligible bachelors made, Colin finds fault with all of them and in the end decided to marry her himself, sounds romantic right, it would have been if his father haven't told him about an old debt that he wasn't able to repay before Alesandra's father died, and Colin thought it his duty to marry her.  MEN.

With not so mysteries kidnapping attempts and connecting disappearances, I can say one thing, their marriage would never be boring.  We all know that they will fall in love, but it is always exciting to know how they came about loving each other even though it seemed impossible that they even like each other at the beginning.

I have to say that I knew who was the person behind the murders, if there one thing I learned from Nora Roberts, is that it's always the person you least expect, and it kind of was.  When you read this book, and you should, tell me if you figured out the culprit before Alesandra did.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT STARTED WITH A KISS by Marina Adair

Well well well! What do we have here with this story? Is it a love story, is it a trade or is it MURDER! I'm kidding, I'm kidding, there's no murder here. Avery Adams wants adventure. She wants to push herself outside the norm and experience life instead of just existing. This came about when she survived a kidney transplant that saved her life, but it's also a ticking time bomb that can explode at any time. With her resolve to experience life, Avery did the most logical thing and got a job as a guide in the local adventure lodge in her rustic Sierra Nevada Town. She was excited for her new job until reality slapped her in the face.  Instead of getting the training she needed in order to become a guide, she's stuck in the office, managing the business as best she can. What makes this situation worse is that the business is failing and the owner is so set in his ways that he refuses to change anything to fix it.  Frustrated with the way things were, hel...

MY CURVY VALENTINE by Sugar Jamison

This book is tied with Gentlemen Prefers Curves for the best book in this series.  Maggie is such a beautiful person, but she is also clueless. I could tell that she was has been married to the same guy for years before the both of them even knew it. Deciding to quit her high paying job as a bio-medical engineer and to follow her fashion dreams by working in a clothing store that caters to the full figured woman like herself. You might think that Maggie Calhoun must be out of her mind, especially since this all came about with her parents divorce. And you would be right, Maggie is out of her mind.  Out of her mind in bliss.  This is the first time in her life that she is doing something for herself, and she plans to enjoy it.  That is until her brother's best friend, Alex, moved his bakery beneath her apartment. Every morning she is awakened by sexual dreams that include whatever is being made in the bakery each morning.  Her dreams o...

THE HIGHLAND HENCHMAN by Amy Jarecki

After reading "The Angel and the Warrior" I really needed a book to pick me up and I am so glad that this book did just the trick.  The only thing that irked me was that the heroine in this book upset me greatly. Needing royal assistance, Baron Ross issued a tournament to enchant the Highlanders to leave their land and come to the Lowlands to take part.  What he really wanted was for the Highlanders to fight a dangerous battle that would get most of them killed. After the tournament the Highland Lairds choose instead to entrust their best warriors to stay and fight. This was not exactly what Baron Ross wanted but he knew that he could not change their mind so he accepted. Bran MacLeod was one of the warriors that was left behind, and even though he did not like it, he knew that he can never go against his Laird.  It did not help matters that their was a dangerous instant attraction between him and the baron's last daughter.  Bran knows that getting involved ...