Skip to main content

FLAMES OF PASSION by Kayla Perrin

This book was a little disturbing and awkward.  The main character felt like a loose cannon and I stopped feeling sorry for her, really fast.  Here's why.

Nya Lowe has a terrible record of dating the worst guys that are out there.  Having enough of always attracting all the wrong men, Nya vowed to stop dating for a year to get out of her rut.

A few months into her vow, and a situation (which was pretty funny, if you ask me) lead Nya into the arms of a smoking hot fireman, kissing him for all that it's worth.

Tyler did not plan on having a beautiful woman practically fall into his lap and kiss the breathe out of him, but he can't complain.

Finding out the reason for the impulsive kiss gave him the opening he needed to further know the lady. 

All Tyler wants to do is get know Nya but all Nya does is push him away.  Would Tyler be able to get around Nya's walls? or would Nya stay true and stick to her vow?  

+Kayla Perrin wrote one of the most dis-likable main characters I have ever read about.  Nya was so annoying!  At first I felt sorry for her but that soon changed as I got further into the book.  She made no sense most of the time and was very unfair.

What she did at the ending should have been a huge red flag and Tyler should have just walked away.  I'm not saying that she does not deserve happiness, I'm just saying that she needed to go away and work on herself before she  gets into any type of relationship.

She has amazing friends, but takes them for granted.  If your friends are as good as you say they are, will they laugh at your dreams?  NO, but somehow that does not get across on Nya's mind. I really disliked her, I still do.

Tyler is such an amazing guy.   His ex-fiance was stupid to let him go, and Nya was stupid to treat him the way she did.  Tyler should have just turned gay or turn his affections elsewhere.  I'm sorry to say this, but I am not happy that he ended up with Nya.

The writing was not bad, and it probably does not bode well that I laughed at the first love scene and skipped the rest.  This book was a little confusing and was not well received by me.


HAPPY READING! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT STARTED WITH A KISS by Marina Adair

Well well well! What do we have here with this story? Is it a love story, is it a trade or is it MURDER! I'm kidding, I'm kidding, there's no murder here. Avery Adams wants adventure. She wants to push herself outside the norm and experience life instead of just existing. This came about when she survived a kidney transplant that saved her life, but it's also a ticking time bomb that can explode at any time. With her resolve to experience life, Avery did the most logical thing and got a job as a guide in the local adventure lodge in her rustic Sierra Nevada Town. She was excited for her new job until reality slapped her in the face.  Instead of getting the training she needed in order to become a guide, she's stuck in the office, managing the business as best she can. What makes this situation worse is that the business is failing and the owner is so set in his ways that he refuses to change anything to fix it.  Frustrated with the way things were, hel...

MY CURVY VALENTINE by Sugar Jamison

This book is tied with Gentlemen Prefers Curves for the best book in this series.  Maggie is such a beautiful person, but she is also clueless. I could tell that she was has been married to the same guy for years before the both of them even knew it. Deciding to quit her high paying job as a bio-medical engineer and to follow her fashion dreams by working in a clothing store that caters to the full figured woman like herself. You might think that Maggie Calhoun must be out of her mind, especially since this all came about with her parents divorce. And you would be right, Maggie is out of her mind.  Out of her mind in bliss.  This is the first time in her life that she is doing something for herself, and she plans to enjoy it.  That is until her brother's best friend, Alex, moved his bakery beneath her apartment. Every morning she is awakened by sexual dreams that include whatever is being made in the bakery each morning.  Her dreams o...

THE HIGHLAND HENCHMAN by Amy Jarecki

After reading "The Angel and the Warrior" I really needed a book to pick me up and I am so glad that this book did just the trick.  The only thing that irked me was that the heroine in this book upset me greatly. Needing royal assistance, Baron Ross issued a tournament to enchant the Highlanders to leave their land and come to the Lowlands to take part.  What he really wanted was for the Highlanders to fight a dangerous battle that would get most of them killed. After the tournament the Highland Lairds choose instead to entrust their best warriors to stay and fight. This was not exactly what Baron Ross wanted but he knew that he could not change their mind so he accepted. Bran MacLeod was one of the warriors that was left behind, and even though he did not like it, he knew that he can never go against his Laird.  It did not help matters that their was a dangerous instant attraction between him and the baron's last daughter.  Bran knows that getting involved ...